Sunday, July 31, 2005

If I Had a Hammer...

Cinecon has posted the tentative schedule for its upcoming classic film festival in Los Angeles over Labor Day weekend. Among the pre-code films being screened is the early Cary Grant/Edward Everett Horton feature "Ladies Should Listen" (pictured) from 1933. Also on the docket is the 1934 Universal comedy release "Gift of Gab," directed by Karl Freund ("The Mummy") with fellow Universal horror standouts Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi, and "Titanic" star Gloria Stuart. There are some very rare silent features booked, including the long thought lost Oscar-nominated film "Sorrell and Son." Scheduled guests include Nanette Fabray, Patricia Neal, Diane Baker, and famed director Delbert Mann.

1 comment:

Jen1 said...

Oh gosh, look at Cary Grant! I'd love to see this. The earliest film of his I've seen is "I'm No Angel" with Mae West. He was so young in this picture, and I remember him in the paddywagon... I want to see "Sylvia Scarlett" with Katherine Hepburn, but I haven't been able to yet. Cary Grant with a cockney accent must be wonderful. Thanks for keeping us up to date with everything!